Manual Handling Training
This course is specifically designed for all members of staff who are involved in manual handling operations in the workplace.
Our Manual Handling courses are designed to provide instruction and training on the significance of manual handling, its effects if not conducted correctly and how employees can protect themselves whilst moving objects at work. A practical training session is also included in this course, which will give delegates an opportunity to practice and demonstrate correct manual handling techniques under the supervision of the trainer.
- Course introduction, aims and objectives
- Manual Handling in the workplace (The Law/Legislation)
- Personal Risk Assessment/Management
- Anatomy of the spine
- Principles of safe Manual Handling of loads and equipment (techniques to be demonstrated)
- Causes of back pain and injury
- Unsafe systems of work
- Moving and handling assessments
- Syndicate exercise/s looking at different tasks within the presentation
- Practical Manual Handling Assessment
- Site specific Q&A’s and evaluation Practical Manual Handling Assessment
On successful completion of the course, all delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
For further information and a full course syllabus, please submit your details in our contact us page.
Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended) compliant
Fully insured and delivered on your company premises.
Fully certified upon successful completion.
“Both Trevor and James were very informative and patient with the group, gave a lot of advice and encouraged the group to have a go”
~ Karen. P – 23rd July
We're pleased to provide training throughout the North East, covering
Northumberland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Tees Valley, Edinburgh, Yorkshire and Humber.
Not sure if we cover your area? Just ask.